Throwing out old bananas in my house is a huge no-no! I can always find ways to use up old bananas in my baking. If you are looking for a recipe to use up old bananas you have sitting in your kitchen, then this recipe is the answer.
What's better than banana bread? A banana muffin with chocolate chips. These muffins are moist, affordable, and easy! It's a perfect recipe to make with the kids and so much fun to eat together!
This is how I am currently storing my muffin liners. I found a clear mason jar in my home, and I stacked and filled it with all of my decorative liners. It's free and makes it easy to see what liners you have around the home.
These banana chocolate chip muffins don't last very long in my house, and I usually make a double batch. My son and I usually east one when they are still warm from the oven, and nothing is better than melted chocolate chips.
Enough talking, let's get baking! I hope that you enjoy these easy banana chocolate chip muffins as much as my family! Enjoy!
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 large-egg
- 3 medium mashed up ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup + ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk egg, bananas, melted butter, and vanilla until blended.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients, stir just until moistened.
- Mix chocolate chips into the batter.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups ¾ full.
- Bake 17-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan and then place on wire rack to cool completely.
I like a lot of chocolate chips in my muffins, which is why I add ¼ cup on top of the ½ cup. If you like less, use only ½ cup of chocolate chips.
- Easy Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Bites delicious no matter what time of year.
- Best Cutout Sugar Cookies aren't just for the Christmas holiday season.
- Snickerdoodle Bars are irresistible.