Are you new to the START SAVING Challenge? Learn about it HERE & sign-up.
This post is part of the START SAVING Challenge. Make sure to read previous posts.
Day#12: Your Life Richness Plan
START SAVING Challenge: Day #13
Today's easy saving task:
Find ways to generate more income to fund life richness and your LOVES.
Look at you go! You have made it day #13 of the START SAVING Challenge. Do you remember yesterday when you brainstormed some ideas on how to make more money so you could achieve life richness? Go ahead and bring out your Life Richness Plan worksheet from yesterday. Today's task is to expand on this list and to really establish ways you can earn more money.
When you completed Day #11's easy saving task: Adding your LOVES and creating a LIFE RICHNESS line on your Monthly Spending List, you might have found that you don't make enough money right now to really cover your LOVES. Maybe you have enough, but you will have to use a big portion of your new saving amount to cover the difference. Whatever the case may be, there are other ways for you to generate income so you can still live a rich life.
Before we get started, let me give you some suggestions that have I have personally used to generate more income.
- Use your knowledge to your advantage: I have a degree in Finance and received my designation as an Accredited Financial Counselor. One of the ways I use my knowledge to obtain extra income is by blogging. Is there something you know a lot about that you can monetize?
- Hobbies don't just have to be hobbies: I have a huge passion for photography. It's something I picked up on my blogging journey and I truly have a great time using and perfecting my photography skills. I have created a side photography job to give me the possibility of bringing in extra income. The reason I say “possibility” is because I haven't actually generated any extra income from this hobby – not YET anyways. Maybe you love scrapbooking. Can you use this hobby and passion to sell scrapbooking supplies? Do you have people in your life who love your work? Maybe they could help spread the word.
- Focus on the job you already have: Go to work every day ready to do your best work. By demonstrating your ability to work hard maybe you could negotiate a raise. Who knows, maybe you can even start a new position that will pay you more. Take the things that are already established in your life and make them work for you.
I also have another resource for you to give you some more ideas on how to make extra income so you can achieve a richer life. Michelle over at Making Sense of Cents is truly the master for making income on the side. Here article on ways to make extra money is a fantastic read and really does suggest some great ways to generate more income. Here are some of my favorites:
Walk dogs/pet sit: I think this suggestion stuck out at me more than the others because I am a huge animal lover. Not only will this not take up a lot of your time, but it might just be enough to cover your LOVES. Plus this would be really fun and you get to make money doing it. Look for ads in your local paper or on local job sites for pet sitting jobs (look out for scams). You can also use Rover to find dog walking and pet sitting gigs.
Sell your items on EBay: This is something that I do regularly. I make about $50/month doing this and it's mostly because I have a 4 year old. Do you know how fast this kid grows? I love the idea of selling your stuff because it really does give you a lot of options. It also allows me to spend less so I can put more towards the things I actually LOVE. I am able to bring my son's old stuff to a local Children's consignment shop where they give me in store credit. This saves me a ton of money on clothes.
Use Ebates / Rakuten for shopping online: If you read about my favorite apps from Day #10's easy saving task: Save Without Thinking About It – then you would have read about Ebates (now called Rakuten). It basically gives you money back for your online purchases. I love Ebates / Rakuten and I use it regularly. You can read more about it HERE or sign up for Ebates / Rakuten now.
DAY #12 RECAP
- Determine & identify ways you can generate more income by using your knowledge, hobbies or talents.
- Share how you plan on generating more income with your accountability tribe.
- Generating extra income does not mean you have to work yourself to death. That is something I don't recommend. You simply want to make just enough to cover your LOVES on your Monthly Spending List – that's it.
- This is a challenge that is really important to discuss with your accountability tribe. They might have some ideas you have not thought about.
Don't forget about the TBM Family members! Do they have an idea additional ideas? Share with them how you plan on generating extra income. You never know – your ideas might help someone else. I would love to hear about how you plan on generating extra income. Do you have a hobby you can monetize? Let me know in the comments below rather than emailing me.
Make sure to share your savings progress with friends. Use the sharing buttons to spread the wealth.[tweetthis twitter_handles=”@thebudgetmom”]I can generate extra money to live a richer life! Day 13 #StartSavingChallenge[/tweetthis]
Not a member of the TBM Family – Join HERE
FIND ME HERE:
If you have been part of my previous Savings Challenges, we shook things up for 2020. Let’s resolve to have 2020 vision when it comes to seeing how we can become better savers. This year we have 24 savings challenges, two each month. These are designed to be fun. Saving should be fun because you make things easier for yourself. My course will guide you on a year of savings so you will be better off when 2020 comes to a close. Sign up for the Savings Challenge course to kickstart your savings.