Cream cheese and peppers. What more could you want?
These stuffed sweet mini peppers are not only a little bit of heaven, but you only need three ingredients to make them. Yep! Uno, dos, tres.
Raise your hand if you have a football fanatic in the house. My boyfriend, Chris, loves football. With the Super Bowl just around the corner, I wanted to come up with a finger food that was not only easy to make but didn’t take a lot of time.
If you are like me, you would rather be on the couch enjoying the game and not wasting time cooking in the kitchen.
So what are the three ingredients? Cream cheese, shredded cheese, and mini peppers.
At first, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to bake my mini peppers. The flavor of the cream cheese would taste great on a crunchy sweet pepper, but after some trial and error, I decided I liked the soft baked peppers instead.
If you plan on hosting a Super Bowl party, these pepper poppers are the perfect pair for nachos or sliders, and they are guaranteed to make you the most popular person at the party.
I am not a fan of hot and spicy AT ALL. What normal people consider mild, I find too spicy to consume. I didn’t grow up eating a ton of spicy food, so maybe that’s why I’m not a fan. These sweet mini peppers are the perfect solution.
If want a little kick, just make them with jalapeno peppers instead. But let’s be honest. These colors are so much better!
With this recipe, there are no exact measurements. Just halve the peppers and start stuffing – as full as you can get them. Top with cheese or bacon bits and you have a party favorite!
It doesn’t matter if you are having a casual get together with friends, are having a major football shindig, or just want a snack for your next Netflix binge, these are an excellent go-to option.
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 10 mini sweet peppers, cored, seeded and sliced in half lengthwise
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place shredded cheese and cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Mix until creamy and smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill halved sweet peppers with cream cheese filling. Top with shredded cheese.
- Place stuffed halved sweet peppers on foil-lined baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, until filling is warm and melted.
- Enjoy immediately while they are hot.