How are your finances? What would your world be like if you could earn more than $22 an hour from home — legitimately? This is a real possibility if you decide to teach for VIPKid.
VIPKid recognized as a leader in remote jobs
Have you heard of VIPKid? Many who have searched for online or remote jobs have discovered the company. Or, you might have seen its orange log. VIPKid turns up in a lot of searches because it is consistently rated one of the hottest online opportunities for making money from home (it’s even ranked third on Forbes’ 2019 Top 100 Companies for Remote Jobs).
VIPKid is on a self-proclaimed mission to inspire and empower every child for the future and change the way we think about education while they do it. From what we can tell, they are already well on their way. With more than 80,000 North American teachers using the platform, VIPKid reaches almost a million Chinese second language learners.
As a global leader in online one-to-one ESL teaching, VIPKid has no physical classrooms, schools or even test centers. Everything takes place exclusively in an online learning environment. The future is truly now.
Some who teach for VIPKid have made it a career
The online nature of VIPKid has made it a unique and attractive way to develop a career and earn money online. With high hourly rates (up to $22 per hour), the flexibility to choose said hours, and of course the possibility of working from the comfort of your own home, VIPKid checks all the right boxes. As a mom, much of the appeal of VIPKid lies in the ability to craft an online career without having to sacrifice family time, care-giving needs or even an insatiable desire to travel.
In terms of qualifications, VIPKid has also made the opportunity increasingly accessible to anyone with a bachelor’s degree, legal eligibility to work in the US or Canada and at least one year of working with children in some capacity (homeschooling, coaching, tutoring, mentoring, music lessons etc).
They offer in-house TESOL training (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) and extensive materials for teachers to familiarize themselves with the online classroom and one-to-one learning environment.
Want to teach for VIPKid? Follow these steps:
- Fill out the basic info form online here. This step includes your education and your experience, don’t forget to include your other qualifications.
- Complete a demo lesson, this is when your base pay is determined. You will either submit a recorded video (you can even do this on your smartphone) or have a video interview with a VIPKid interviewer, in both cases you will have to teach a short demo class.
- Complete the Certification Center process. The Certification Center is where you will select a teaching level to certify for. Once you select your certification level, you will get access to materials to help you prepare to teach your certification class. This will be a one-on-one class with a VIPKid mentor, and you will have to pass to be certified for your level. Don’t worry though, VIPKid will give you access to materials and live webinars that will help you prepare for your class.
- Take the TESOL Quiz, the TESOL quiz is a simple, open book quiz that you can take as many times as you want in order to pass.
- Complete the Contract Stage, after passing your certification mock class, you will be given a list of items to submit for routine background check as well as your contract. After you sign your contract and pass your background check, you can begin teaching!
- Read: How to Start a Blog
Earn more through VIPKid with referrals
The most interesting thing about VIPKid is the level of success that so many people have been able to achieve. There are countless stories of moms sustaining themselves entirely through teaching online. And there are even a few who have broken into six-figure (you read right) earnings by participating in VIPKid’s referral opportunities!
In terms of community, teachers organize meet-ups. In any given week there are dozens of meet-ups taking place across the United States, and around the globe, too. These meet-ups allow VIPKid teachers to connect, build support networks, or provide an opportunity to let off some steam with a family picnic. VIPKid has further contributed to the development of this global community with events such as the VIPKid Journey Conference that takes place in major cities across the United States.
If online work, flexible hours, and genuine connection is your thing, VIPKid might just be the perfect fit! You can find out more by clicking here.
This is a sponsored post by VIPKid.