Are you new to the START SAVING Challenge? Learn about it HERE & sign-up.
This post is part of the START SAVING Challenge. Make sure to read previous posts.
Day#10: Save Without Thinking About It
START SAVING Challenge: Day #11
Today’s easy saving task:
Figure out how to add richness to your life and add it to your budget.
Can you believe we only have 4 more days of the challenge? We still have a lot of work to do, so let’s get to it!
What does it mean to live a rich life? I will give you a hint – It doesn’t just mean having a ton of money. I live a very rich life and I don’t consider myself financially wealthy. It’s a life filled with giving, opportunity, passions, and wonderful experiences. For the past 10 days we have focused on ways to save more. We all want to have more money, but the money we do have has to have meaning. If you only focus on the dollar amount of your savings, the things that truly bring our lives richness gets drowned out by selfishness, greed, and lack of passion. The things that truly bring your life richness are not things that can be measured in dollars.
Today, I want you to determine what brings your life richness. Do you remember the LOVES you established on Day #4’s easy saving task: Determine what you LOVE vs what you WANT? I want you to get them out for this challenge. Your money has to have meaning – a purpose (and I don’t just mean paying the bills). If you can save successfully, budget and plan, you will have more money to do the things that really matter to you – such as starting a new hobby, traveling with the family, or even starting your own business.
HOW TO SEEK RICHNESS
- Stop focusing on what you don’t have – start focusing on what you do have: Being grateful allows you to block out the negative emotions and allows you to stop thinking about what’s missing in your life. When you are grateful you are thankful, you notice simple pleasures, and acknowledge the blessing in your life. To really have a rich life you have to shift your focus from what your life lacks to the abundance that already exists. Practice gratitude.
- Know your self worth: “When your self-worth goes up, your net worth goes up with it” – Mark Victor Hansen: We all aim to be successful, to accomplish our goals. But life throws us curve balls sometimes and hinders our ability to really see our self-worth. It’s during these hard times that we learn the most valuable lessons. Don’t do things to prove yourself to others – do it because you know you are worthy.
- Embrace generosity: Realize that giving not only improves your life, but the life of the receiver. Your money is only as valuable as what you decide to spend it on, so make sure to share your richness with the people around you and the causes you care about.
STEP #1: Determine the things that will add richness to your life and add it to your budget.
- Determine how to add richness to your life.
- Do your LOVES from Day #4 add richness to your life? If so, add them to your budget.
STEP #2: Add your LOVES to your budget.
- Take out your Monthly Spending List from Day #7: Be A Budget Rockstar
- Add your LOVES to your Monthly Spending List under the title LIFE RICHNESS
- Calculate how much you need to save to add richness to your life.
For example: If I want to take sewing lessons that cost $100 and I also want to take a cooking class that cost $50 per month, I will write the total of $150 on the Life Richness line of my Monthly Spending List. Here is an example of what it might look like:
- On your Monthly Spending List you will notice that the new addition of your LOVES have subtracted the amount we have to save. Keep in mind, that your full savings amount does not have to be used to cover your Life Richness. Maybe only a portion of the money you have set aside for savings will be used for your LOVES. How much do you need to cover the rest? If you are not wanting to use any of your savings to cover your LOVES, that’s completely fine as well. That just means you will have to make the full amount to fund your richness goals (we will cover this later in the challenge)
DAY #10 RECAP
- Learn about what it means to live a rich life. Determine what will bring richness to your life.
- Add your LOVES to your Monthly Spending List.
- Calculate the amount you need to cover the things that will bring richness to your life (your LOVES).
- Share how you will add richness to your life with your accountability tribe.
- If you are having a hard determining what will bring your life richness, think about how you would spend $100, $300, or $1000. What are some things that will bring happiness to you and the people around you? Can you think about an entity that you admire or have a passion for?
Make sure to reach out to your accountability tribe and talk to each other about the LOVES you will be adding to your Monthly Spending List. Look to the TBM Family members for accountability and help. How are you adding richness to your life? What LOVES are you adding to your budget? Make sure to let me know in the comments below vs emailing me!
Make sure to share your savings progress with friends. Use the sharing buttons to spread the wealth.
Not a member of the TBM Family – Join HERE
FIND ME HERE: