Oh my veggie goodness! Yes, green pasta. This shovel-in-your-mouth noddle dish looks fancy, but it’s easy to make and takes about 30 minutes (prep and cook time).
Now, you all know that I love working out and leading a healthy lifestyle. But I will admit, I also like eating out (a lot). This is what I like to call a I-ate-out-too-much-this-week, but I-don’t-want-to-cook, and I-want-something-that-tastes-good, like right-now kind of recipe. Come on; you know you have been there!
Have you ever made green pasta right of the box? This pasta is fantastic if you are looking to get your day’s worth of veggies. For every 3.5 ounces, you get three servings of veggies. Crazy right? The pasta is made by Ronzoni and is called SuperGreens.
The pasta has been enriched with Spinach, Zucchini, Broccoli, Parsley, and Kale which gives it its green color.
This pesto pasta dish has the following main ingredients:
- SuperGreen pasta
- Sweet potatoes
- Cherry tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
For this recipe, I glazed the sweet potatoes in brown sugar and butter. To save time, and to cut out the sugars, bowling them raw and leaving them as-is works too!
I also a used a ready made pesto sauce to save time. As a busy mom, I don’t always have enough time to make things from scratch. That’s why they invented ready made right? I like the Prego Basil Pesto, which contains no artificial flavors or colors .
Glazed sweet potatoes for Fall, yes please!
This is perfect for any night.
It’s simple, healthy, quick, and oh-so-yummy!
If you try the pasta, let me know by tagging me on Instagram. I would love to see what you think. Trust me; you’ll say it’s way better than the whole grain option.
- 1 12-ounce box Ronzoni SuperGreen Thin Spaghetti
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ packed brown sugar
- 1½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 8-ounce jar of Basil Pesto sauce
- Cook pasta according to box directions
- Bowl water in medium or large pot
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized cubes
- Bowl until tender, or until you can stick a fork in them
- Drain and cool
- Place cooked sweet potatoes in a 2-qt baking dish
- In a small saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar; cook and stir until boiling
- Pour mixture over potatoes
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes
- Warm the pesto sauce in a large skillet
- Little-by-little, transfer the cooked pasta to the skillet with the sauce
- Boil it all together over medium heat while stirring vigorously
- When the sauce has thickened to where it just starts to coat the noodles, remove it from heat and gently combine with Parmesan cheese glazed sweet potatoes. Add extra oil, and/or butter while tossing
- Top with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and sliced cherry tomatoes