Can you believe it’s almost Fall? This means we are getting closer to Christmas and the colder weather.
I can’t believe that Monday is Halloween and then we head right into November. Where did the time go? The great thing about this time of year is pulling out all of your cozy sweaters, sweats, and thick socks. It’s also my favorite time to be in the Kitchen.
My son and I had a blast creating these amazing Rice Krispie Treat Monsters over the weekend. After the tremendous response on my Instagram, I decided I needed to share it with all of you. If you have kids, this is the perfect treat that is easy to make and kid friendly.
These are store-bought Rice Krispie treats, dipped in candy melts, and topped with holiday themed sprinkles. Put a couple of them in some clear plastic bags, tie with some orange ribbon, and you have a great party gift or classroom snack.
These are perfect for customizing for any holiday or theme. Right after my son and I made them for Halloween, we decided to hand them out with our Christmas cards as well. We wrapped them individually using treats bags and tied them with red ribbon. Here is what the Christmas theme looks like.
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Candy Melts
- Candy Eyes
- Lollipop Sticks
- Parchment Paper
- Unwrap Rice Krispie treats.
- Insert the lollipop sticks into the bottom of each Rice Krispie treat.
- Melt candy melts as directed on package.
- Dip each Rice Krispie treat in melted candy.
- While holding the dipped Rice Krispie treat, add sprinkles and eyes to the wet treats.
- Place "monster" treats upside down (with lollipop sticks facing up) on parchment paper and let set completely.