Did you know that December is National Pear Month? The whole month is dedicated to celebrating the diversity and flavor of this fantastic fruit.
There is nothing like going up to a local orchard and picking pears fresh off the tree. It’s something that my son and I enjoy a lot, and baked pears has become a regular recipe in my home.
Pear season usually begins with the Bartlett Pear in late summer and ends after winter. There are many different types of pears, but the Bartlett Pear is my favorite. Harvesting season usually ends in late summer, but you can still find them in store through February.
Pears happen to be my favorite fruit, so naturally, I wanted to try and incorporate this delicious fruit into my holiday celebrations.
This year, I will be bringing Granola Honey Baked Pears for Christmas dessert to my mom’s house. I love the taste of honey and pears together, and the crunchy granola makes this healthy dessert recipe amazing!
The recipe is enough for two people, but if you are bringing the dessert to a larger gathering just double or even triple the ingredients.
You start by washing the pears and slicing them in half. The trick is to try and carefully remove the core while still leaving the stem intact.
I find using a pair of sharp kitchen scissors helps to cut the stem in half before slicing the entire pear in half. Then use the scissors to cut the inside long part of the stem that goes down to the core with the seeds, you should then be able to simply pull it out while having the outside of the stem perfectly in place.
Place the pears in a small oven safe dish or pan and pour the vanilla almond milk into the bottom. Next, sprinkle with the granola, drizzle with the honey and bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
Yes! That’s it. This recipe is so simple and easy, but it looks incredible and tastes even better.
- 2 ripe pears
- ½ cup of your favorite granola
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 3 tablespoons of vanilla almond milk
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Wash the pears and slice them in half.
- Carefully remove the core while trying to leave the stem intact.
- Place the pears in a small oven safe dish or pan and pour the vanilla almond milk into the bottom.
- Sprinkle with the granola, drizzle with the honey.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before topping with ice cream and serving.
Create a Weekly Meal Plan!
Use this one-page printable to write down and create a weekly meal plan!